Friday

Violent movies I love...

I started thinking about violent movies last week when Luke invited me to go see American History X with him and a friend at the Beartooth Theater Pub.

I declined.

I can't watch that movie (again).

It's funny because Luke doesn't like gorey movies. He won't even watch Shaun of the Dead. How will he get through this totally violent movie?

Anyway, my favorite violent movies are:

Caligula: fisting, rape, castration, murder and Penthouse Pets. It's the Penthouse Pets that get me through.

Pulp Fiction: except the part when Tarentino is actually in the movie. The man makes me crazy.

Shaun of the Dead: Good for some zombie bashing. It's funny, there's good music...and Shaun is a great easy halloween costume.

Silence of the Lambs: Altogether brilliant.

Q:So why can I watch these movies with blood and torture and killing but not American History X?
A:I can't stand the nature of the crimes in AHX. The curb stomp scene is terrible. Hate crimes make me queasy and bring tears to my eyes.

There's no way I would willingly view something that makes me feel like that.

No comments: